Spring Season for Prom Festivities

As green grass slowly starts to sprout up around Glenwood, the time to celebrate prom is almost upon us. With it being less than a week away, preparations for the event are hastily under way, and the closer we get, excitement builds for the high school’s first “real” prom in two years!

Glenwood Springs High School students can expect a wonderful night full of dancing, card playing, great music, an After Prom Extravaganza, and much more! Since the theme of this year’s prom is casino night, make sure you dress extremely sharp and ready to roll; either on the dance floor or on the craps table. Although only juniors and seniors are allowed to go without any problems, tickets can still be purchased by younger classmen as long as they have a date that’s a junior or senior. 

At the dance, DJ Brett Tenza will be rocking out all the music for the night, and from past experiences like homecoming and last year’s prom he’s gotten to know the kind of music our school enjoys, so the music selection should certainly be spot on. As far as refreshments go, there will be a water and fruit flavored water station for keeping the guests hydrated throughout the night, as well as small treats and snacks that can be taken from containers in the refreshment room.

Additionally, cards and dice will be readily available for guests to partake in the refreshment room as well. Upon entering, tables with Blackjack, Poker, and Dice will be lining the far wall with dealers ready for shuffling, dealing, and calling. These activities will be available for everyone and don’t be shy if you’ve never played before, the dealers will gladly help you get your bearings. 

As far as transportation goes, all attending prom must park in the Glenwood Springs High School parking lot, where bus shuttles will transport students from the high school to the Hotel Colorado, which is where the dance is held. These buses will run from 7-9 p.m. and 10-11 p.m. depending on when students wish to arrive and leave prom. 

Once prom closes its doors the night is still not over. At the high school the After Prom Extravaganza will begin at 11 p.m. where students attending could win prizes such as a XBox, computer, and much more. This is put on by parent sponsors and has items donated by companies in our community, and should be extremely exciting to go to!

Prom will be this Saturday, April 30, at the Hotel Colorado. Doors will open at 8 p.m. and run until 11 p.m. Breathalizers will be at the door at both prom and the After Prom Extravaganza, and there will be a no parking tolerance at the Hotel Colorado. Tickets for prom can be purchased at https://glenwoodspringshighschool.ticketspice.com/prom-2022