Prom Dress Giveaway and Donations in Glenwood Springs

Kyley Fishman, Head Editor-in-Chief

High Schools across the country are finding ways to continue prom despite Covid-19, and Glenwood Springs High School is not exempt from these efforts. 

Being hosted on May 8th, Glenwood students will be able to come to GSHS and celebrate two hours of a prom-tastic time. However, with the deadline drawing nearer, and how expensive dresses are during a pandemic, it could be a struggle to find a dress soon enough. 

Yet, there is an answer. On Wednesday, April 28th from 3:00pm to 5:00pm, and Thursday, April 29th from 3:00pm – 5:00pm, as well as lunch breaks or during free period, Glenwood Springs High School and the Glenwood Springs High School Library are now accepting donations of up-to-date, gently used dresses of all sizes. These clothes will be available to try on and take home. Not only are dresses being donated and given away, but boys jackets and pants are accepted as well. 

If you or someone you know would like to contribute to the donations, you are welcome and encouraged to drop them off at either the Glenwood Library or GSHS. 

If you have any questions, please contact Mary Lamb at (970) 384-5568 or [email protected]. You can also contact the Glenwood Springs Library at (970) 945-5958