Sweet Level up to the “Sweet 16” for the Lady Demons

Sweet Level up to the

Addison Luetke, Reporter

After going undefeated in league play and winning the league title for the first time in six years, the Lady Demons Basketball Team took a huge first step in what they hope to be a long run in the 4A state playoffs this season. 

The girls went 20-3 in the regular season and began their post season journey at home on Friday against Lewis Palmer. The Demons defeated the Rangers 42-29. 

The Lady Demons went into the first half pretty slowly, ending the second period with only a 15-8 lead. They then shifted into high gear in the last 16 minutes of the game, resulting in their victory. 

“We had our typical slow start tonight,” Natalya Taylor said in a The Post Independent interview. “But we always get some small things to go our way on the offensive and defensive end to give us the spark that we need.”

Taylor is a senior guard on the team, who led the night with 13 points in the game, along with Junior Graci Dietrich close behind her scoring 9 points. Senior Michelle Marshall and Sophomore Kenzie Winder also helped tie the ribbon on their playoff win with eight and seven points respectively. 

Our Lady Demons are on to the Sweet 16 and will play on Tuesday, March 3rd at 6pm at Erie High School. The Erie Tigers and the No. 5 seed and took down Longmont 79-45 on Friday Night. The girls goal was to make it to the second round of playoffs, but now they want to go as far as they can. They believe that if they stay focussed and prepare for this week’s competition they can shoot the ball better and continue in their successful season. 

You can find complete coverage of all 4A state playoff games at  chsaanow.com