Lady Demons Steal the Basketball Court

Lady Demons Steal the Basketball Court

Addison Luetke, Reporter

Over the weekend our Lady Demons Basketball Team took down two more teams, keeping them undefeated in the Western Slope League.

On Friday, January 31st, the girls traveled to Battle Mountain High School in Edwards, CO where they beat the Huskies 58-34. They dominated the game, winning every quarter. The next day, our Lady Demons went to Palisade to defeat the Bulldogs 52-37.

“Battle Mountain and Palisade are the two teams that bring the biggest competitors within our league,” said Sophomore, Kenzie Winder. “Both games began close in the beginning, and then we always pull out in the third and fourth quarter.”

Starting point guard, senior Natalya Taylor, shut down Battle Mountain’s main guard with her amazing defensive skills. In the same game, she also managed to score a personal record of 25 points.

“In Palisade our team played great as a whole,” Winder added, “everyone played great defense and scoring was all around the board.”

Last night, Tuesday, February 4th, the girls traveled up to where the air is thin to take down the Summit Tigers 60-52.

From here, our Lady Demons have to win the rest of their league games in order to qualify for playoffs. Their goal as a team is to make it past the second round of playoffs, which is where they ended last year’s season.

This week the girls have a game in Summit and one at home against Rifle on Friday, February 7th.