Demons Set Fire to Huskies on Senior Night

Photo+Taken+by+Johnathan+Webster+
Back to Article
Back to Article

Photo Taken by Johnathan Webster

Photo Taken by Johnathan Webster

Photo Taken by Johnathan Webster

Photo Taken by Johnathan Webster

Jaymin Kanzer, Reporter

Last Friday was the last home game (dubbed Senior Night) and it was a big one for the Glenwood Springs Demons Varsity Football team. The Battle Mountain Huskies traveled the short distance to Stubler Memorial Field to face off against one of their old coaches, Pat Engle. The Demons got the best of the Huskies, and when the final buzzer buzzed, the scoreboard read 45-8 in favor of the Demons

Now coaching for the other side, Engle made the choice to keep the ball on the ground, for the most part, and it worked to the Demons advantage. The Huskies defense couldn’t take down any of the Demons running backs. At the end of the game, six different running backs got a chance to put it in the endzone: Seniors Tucker Porter, Elliot Walz, Thor Melby, and Dylan Albright, as well as junior Garret Dollahan, and sophomore Blake Nieslanik.

It wasn’t all good for the Demons though. An injured left wrist for Walz, and a hurt knee for Albright is going to keep the Demons short-handed for their last two games. The underclassmen, as well as Porter, are going to have to step up and fill in for the seniors

The Demons travel to Summit this Friday to take on the Tigers in a league matchup. A win in this game would shine a little more light on the possibility of making the playoffs for the Demons. As always, it is going to be live broadcasted on kmts.com or 99.1 on FM radio.