Rejoindre le Cercle Francais

Back to Article
Back to Article

Rejoindre le Cercle Francais

Photo taken by Danie Way

Photo taken by Danie Way

Photo taken by Danie Way

Photo taken by Danie Way

Danie Way, Reporter

Glenwood Springs High School students are very fortunate to have a wide variety of extracurriculars and clubs to select from. Last year, the school was introduced to French Club, where students can share their passion for the language and culture, or just meet new people and eat some good food.

On Thursday, September 5, French Club kicked off with a traditional French picnic outside. Students enjoyed an array of cured meats, baguettes, cheese, and some perfectly aged grape juice. Most of the time was spent getting to know each other, practicing French introduction skills, and discussing future meetings.

This year, students have the opportunity to participate in French baking and cooking, watching a Halloween movie held in French, try out French Trivia, and share travel experiences. There was also discussion about Christmas caroling and more meetings during lunch on Wednesdays.

Every French Club activity is open to all students regardless of whether they are enrolled in a French class or not. If you are searching for an additional club to put on your resume, or if you’re looking for something enjoyable to do after school, Le Cercle Francais is the place for you. The next meeting is Monday, September 23rd at 3:45. Participants will be baking a French dessert in the teacher’s lounge.

Additional French Club dates include Friday, October 11th at 11:20, where GSHS students will present travel experiences, Tuesday, October 29th at 3:45, to watch a Halloween movie in French, Thursday, November 14th at 3:45 to cook with French club, and Tuesday, December 10th, where you can play French trivia. All meetings will be held in room 1406.

The French Department is also excited to announce that it is hosting a trip a trip to Paris and the French Riviera during Spring Break of 2021. If you’re interested, please contact Ms. Hamrick at [email protected] to discuss information and details.