Prom Week Preview

Be safe. Have fun. Make memories.

Back to Article
Back to Article

Prom Week Preview

Jackie Tran, Reporter

Glenwood Springs High School 2019 prom is taking us to the city of love on May 4th – Paris, France.

Prom symbolizes the best night of our high school careers and helps students build social skills by going out with friends and dancing all night. The dance is going to be held at Hotel Colorado from 8-11 p.m. The festivities won’t end there with an after party taking place at the high school until 2 a.m. Tickets are $35 for singles and $50 dollars for couples. Students have been advised to park at the high school so they can be shuttled over by bus.

“A Night In Paris,” this year’s prom theme, was created after a long process and collaboration from the GSHS student council representatives of each grade, gathering insight about what they think would make a fun, enjoyable prom.

“We thought A Night In Paris would allow us to make a prettier prom through the use of lights, tulle, and other decorations, hopefully making Prom 2019 a memorable one,” said Junior Class President, Summer McSwain.

Over the course of the entire school year, student council has been actively working on the prom to assure that it would be completely ready by May 4th. The junior and senior class worked and communicated with each other and their class sponsors to get all the necessary supplies and things that needed to be accomplished.

“I think prom is a big deal because it is one of the defining and memorable experiences of one’s high school career,” McSwain said. “Since only juniors and seniors are able to attend, I think that this amplifies the excitement for prom, creating suspense during a student’s freshman and sophomore years and making prom even more special when they are finally permitted to attend.”

To get in the spirit of prom, the week of April 30 – May 4 is going to be spirit week. Here are the themes:

Tuesday – Twin day

Wednesday – Paris Day

Thursday – Frat Day

Friday – Demon Day

School dances in general are exciting for the students because they get to dress up and have fun in a school environment without the stresses of actual school. This years prom is going to be a night to remember. Please be safe and use good judgement.

Check The Brimstone throughout the week for updates, photos, feature stories and all things prom.