February Announcements 2019

Brimstone Reporters, Reporter

– Parent-teacher conferences are scheduled on: Thursday, February 14 at 4:30 to 7:30 p.m. and Friday, February 15 at 8 a.m. to noon and 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
– GSHS Art Department is having an Art Show at the Glenwood Springs library. The opening is Wednesday, February 13 from 5:00 – 7:00 p.m. if you want to come out and show your support, light refreshments will be provided.
– The GSHS Climbing club will be climbing through the end of February. We will be meeting every Tuesday, from 4:00 to 5:00 p.m. at Glenwood Recreation Center climbing wall. All equipment and transportation will be provided. NO EXPERIENCE NECESSARY! Please see Mr. Schneiter (2706) or Mr. Peters (2704) for more info and paperwork.
– A representative from Workforce will be offering a workshop on how to interview for scholarships and jobs on February 20th @ 2:15 in room 2225. Translation will be available.
– The Workforce will be offering a resume workshop on February 27th @ 2:15 in room 2225. Bring your Chromebook. Translation will be available.
– NHS Study sessions and extra help are available every Wed in the library starting at 2 and going until 3:30.
– Capstone presentations are coming up: March 7 book reading at Bookbinders in Willits; March 15 film screening at 3rd Street Center Carbondale; & March 18 here at GSHS.
– Diversity Club meets in room 1701 (Ms. Thomson) every Monday at lunch. We would love to have you join us! Please come check it out!
– Perú Trip 2020. 9th, 10th and 11th Graders: Join the GSHS Spanish Department’s Trip to Perú in June of 2020. Contact Señora Moore in Room 1404 or via email: [email protected] for more details.
– Yearbooks are on sale RIGHT NOW! Get yours today for only $55. Supplies are limited at this price point, so get yours while you still can!
– Last semester the Key Club donated over $675 to local nonprofits and put in more than 200 hours in community service. Key Club meets on Thursdays in 2706 and is a great way to improve our community.
– Congrats to Bryce Risner for getting into All State Jazz!
– The following students were selected for a high school student art show at the Aspen Chapel: Ethan Hibbard, Sebastian Arreola, Brian Pena, Leslie Rios, Isabel De La Canal, Shannon Coon, Foster Lemkau, Sophia Castro, Yazmin Gonzalez Palacios, Becca Yarrow, Elle Wittenberg, Paola Gurrola Lopez, Paty Lopez, Lexi Bichon. The show runs through February 17th! If you’re in Aspen this month, stop by the chapel to check out their creative work!
– MS Issues Forum looking for High School Mentors!
– Lady swim team undefeated and took the top spot at the Western Slope Regionals this past weekend! Heading to state on Thursday!
– Musical February 22 & 23, March 1 & 2 – Mamma Mia!