Glenwood Football Hosts Undefeated Conifer

Back to Article
Back to Article

Jaymin Kanzer, Reporter

The Glenwood Springs High School football team is looking to bounce back after a rocky start to the season, and they’ll have a tough task when they meet the undefeated Conifer Lobos.

The GSHS Demons have showed some promise under new head coach Pat Engle, but haven’t been able to notch a win in the first two games with losses against Holy Family and Harrison. Engle and the Demons hope to turn that around Friday in Glenwood Springs at 6 p.m. To change the momentum of the Demons and to come out of this Friday with a win.

“The greatest opponent that we will play is ourselves, and once we get out of our own heads and just play football, we will be very hard to stop.” Engle said. “The offense is pretty darn hard to stop. We’ve got some talented running backs and some pretty talented offensive lineman. We have just played the number 3 and number 4 teams in the state, and they were pretty darn talented as well. I think our offense worked well and I am really really pleased to see how well our defense played last week.”

Last week, the Demons defense held Harrison to only 14 points, thanks to players like junior Spencer Cloud, who had a tipped pass, and two tackles in the Holy Family game. As Engle said, the offense has been working well the entire season. In the Holy Family game, Wyatt Ewer had a 70-yard punt return TD. 

“The student support at the game was absolutely amazing,” Engle added. “And if we can have that same type of atmosphere, this coming Friday, it would be awesome.”

So make sure to come to the game at 6 p.m. this Friday and show your Demon pride.